5.19.2012

Welcome & Spaghetti Pie

Welcome to my new blog Mrs. Z's Delish Dish! Before I was pregnant I NEVER cooked - only baked occasionally. I was also very narrow minded when it came to food and cooking.  I was pretty boring - always ordering the same entree's at restaraunts & eating the same foods at home. However when those pregnancy hormones hit me I developed a new set of tastebuds and was willing to try to new things and - GASP - learn to cook! Check back for new recipes often and if you try a recipe I've posted please let me know what you think. I enjoy feedback. I will do my best to post regularly but the little boy of mine makes it difficult to get some computer time.

The first recipe I will be posting is SPAGHETTI PIE.  I recieved this recipe from a girl named Samantha who I met at work.  She too has a little one and being a new mommy makes it difficult to cook meals that take a lot of effort and preparation.  She was telling me how that night she was going to make something called Spaghetti Pie and told me what was in it, all the things I love. She left and I haven't seen her since.  I went home to Illinois on leave and when I came back and returned to work she had left me the recipe. How sweet of her! I haven't seen her since so I was unable to thank her personally but THANK YOU Samantha, my husband and sister loved it! It was super easy to make and turned out delish!


SPAGHETTI PIE

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 lb spaghetti
  • 1 lb ground beef (salt, pepper & garlic to taste)
  • 26 oz jar pasta sauce
  • ¾ cup sour cream
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • ½ cup green onions
  • 1 ½ cups cheddar

DIRECTIONS:
Boil spaghetti and brown ground beef. Add seasonings and sauce to beef. Simmer 20 minutes. Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and green onions. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add spaghetti to pan than sour cream/cream cheese mixture, then meat sauce, then cheddar cheese on top. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Bake covered for 25 minutes and then 5 minutes uncovered.


No comments:

Post a Comment